I’m a geek, I love that today is Pi Day. Fixt and Think Geek are having coupon sales to mark the event, Adagio teas is having $3.14 shipping on all sales, and I’m making PIstachio Pudding Bread. Very fitting for Pi Day and St. Patrick’s Day this weekend since the bread is green. Tumblr is even getting into the mix by having the pi symbol next to the logo to take you to math puns. Not only is today Pi Day, but it’s also Albert Einstein’s birthday.
PIstachio Pudding Recipe (The original is from Tastes of Lizzy, I made four changes.)
- 1 package white cake mix
- 1/4 cup water with 3 drops green food coloring
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 small package instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped honey roasted walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cake mix, water, eggs, walnuts, oil, pudding mix, and sour cream. Beat until all of the ingredients are well blended into a thick batter.
- Grease and flour two bread loaf pans. Spread the batter into the two greased loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes. The exact time will depend on the size of your loaf pans. A toothpick inserted into the center of the bread should come out clean.
- Allow the bread to cool before you remove it from the pans.